Sunday, September 13, 2009

Discount ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


I bought this computer about a month ago for when I go back to school. I needed something small, lightweight, and super long battery life for taking notes in class. I spent months looking at netbook reviews trying to find what was the best for under $500. So far I am so happy with my purchase.

I have pretty small hands so the keyboard size fits me perfect. Using the super hybrid engine I have been able to get around 8 hours of battery life. In a lot of reviews I read that some people had problems with the left/right clickers being too stiff. I have not had any problems with them. I think most people are trying to press down on the top, and this netbook was designed for the clickers to be pressed from the front, which has an angled design that makes it more ergonomically to press from the front.

For the first month that I had the netbook, I didn't upgrade the ram. I did have the upgraded ram, but I wanted to be able to see the difference. I also read some reviews where people had problems upgrading the ram so I wanted to just be able to identify what the problem would be if anything did happen. I upgraded the ram to 2GB yesterday and I definitely have noticed an increase in speed. I recommend the ram upgrade, because it is never bad for a computer to run faster.

I don't really listen to music on this computer since it is just for class, I have although had a few video chats via skype and the speakers/camera have worked better than I would have expected.

Overall, I am really happy about choosing this netbook. Asus is known for their netbook design, and although the model numbers can sometimes seem repetitive and confusing, I definitely think they are on the cutting edge of netbook development. As most people have said, finger prints can be a problem, but it does come with a cloth that works miracles. I have grown up with Apple computers, but for a secondary computer, I would definitely recommend this netbook to anyone.Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment