Saturday, September 26, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Right now


After years of lugging heavy laptops through airports, hotel lobbies, and at work, I bought an ASUS 1000HE not just because it seemed like the optimal size and weight, but because it packed more computational power than you might expect from a netbook - and by the way, the others' descriptions of battery life are accurate - you can easily get almost 8 hrs out of it on one charge. You're not likely to ever do any heavy-duty number crunching or image editing on this machine, but on the other hand, it's very reasonable for performing routine tasks like internet use, e-mail, and word processing. One really cool thing - if you flip the screen wide open, place the 1000HE on a folding plate stand (yes, a plate stand, like your grandmother used), combine it with a wireless mouse and a good travel keyboard, you have the world's smallest computer footprint with full-size feel - about 1.3 sq. ft. - and the screen is at eye level (no more hunching over and typing on a tiny keyboard). I catch up with after-hours e-mail at the breakfast table without taking up much table space from the family - you can also set this system up on the smallest of hotel tables.

If things are easy to use, you use them more. Between work and home, I have 8 full-size PCs at my disposal, and I use the 1000HE more than any of them because it easily moves around with me. It also fits in a much smaller carrying case, even with all the accessories. In short, the 1000HE puts the "personal" back in personal computing. I am very happy with my purchase (I have bought 3 of them so far!).
Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment