Thursday, September 17, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


I have been using Eee PC 1000HE for 2 months, and I love this beautiful sexy machine. Following are the reasons why I think that it is the best laptop in any price category:

1- Truly amazing battery life of 7 to 9 hours. Any of the expensive laptops don't even come close. I charge it only when I go to sleep, and then don't have to worry about battery all day long.

2- Very low amount of heat generation. That is because it consumes very little power. Unlike my previous laptops, it is very comfortable to use in the lap or in bed.

3- Perfect size. Large enough to type comfortably. Small enough to carry around easily. Very well designed keyboard and touch pad. Only 3 pounds.

4- Quiet. Since it does not generate a lot of heat, the fan is small and non-intrusive.

5- Windows XP. I am not the only one who is sick of resource-hogging Vista. XP runs faster and takes up much less memory. Lets hope that Microsoft does not come up with a new "invention" any time soon.

6- Performance. The long battery life must come at the cost of performance, however Eee pc has found the optimal point. I have no problem watching high definition video streams when I switch into "super performace mode".

7- sturdy.

8- built in camera and microphone. works perfectly for those skype sessions.

9- very fast boot up time. I mostly put it in standby mode, and it wakes up very quickly.

10- WIFI and USB work perfectly.

11- 180G hard drive is big enough to install any program and store all my data.

The only complain I could have is that speakers could be a bit louder for people like me who like loud music. But having paid only $380 for this amazing computer, I have no right to complain.
-------------------------------
Comment added on 7/10/9:
I found a way to boost the volume from built in speakers. Click on "Realtek HD Audio Manager" in the notification area (it is an orange icon near the clock). Set all the bars in equalizer to max. I have zero complains after fixing this sound issue!!!!
Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment