Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Get it now!


This tiny netbook is wonderful for on the go computing. Email, websurfing, Facebook and the like are all easily accessed. I use my netbook in class to take notes on Googledocs. I also watch streaming video on it (YouTube), and have no trouble with viewing bit torrents or playing emulated old school games. We even use the little thing as backup storage for the camera on long trips where the web is inaccessible; the huge harddrive makes for a fantastic alternative to more memory cards.

I initially had the 1g and used it for about 3 weeks before I switched to the 2g. No big difference in performance. At most it made Facebook aps *slightly* faster. I don't really see a reason to make the switch. Admittedly, I had not tried any PC games before the switch.

Pros: Light, affordable, long battery life, incredibly cute, very easy to type on, portable, huge storage, friendly to the camera.

Cons: HORRIBLE sound quality, as in next to none. I've tried every way to up the sound and can only get something reasonably audible when I hook up to external powered speakers. (Then it sounds great!) Basically, I can't play games with the headphones in so as not to disturb the S/O.

It's a bit heavy, but that's the trade for the longer battery life. If you are looking for thin, light and sexy, try a different model. For those of us who forget to plug in, this model is perfect.

Meh: The word processing software is nice, but the created files can only be opened on the netbook itself, unless you remember to save as a .doc. Not a big deal, but very annoying for school projects.

Also, the fingerprint problem isn't one if you buy a skin.

It takes longer than I expected to boot up after being closed.

For the most part, I adore this little computer. It's been very handy when I need info fast, as most places in my region have wireless access free. Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment