Friday, September 11, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Review


I'd like to start off by thanking those who reviewed this item before I bought it. I've owned it for about 3 months now and used it as a college student in classes. I thought the battery life was excellent! I average about 7 hours of the quoted 9.5 before I recharge, that's using wireless, disabling Bluetooth and dimming the screen.

Only difficulty I have is typing sometimes which would happen on any compact keyboard. I guess when I use the Shift key I tend to use the right side which was smaller to fit in arrow keys. So sometimes while typing I will find myself inserting text into an above line due to miskeying.

I'm not sure what issues others claimed to have with wireless N not working. On my home network with a D-Link N router I have excellent transfer speeds. The built-in microphones work great for audio conferencing while I have yet to use the web-cam. I picked this over HP and Dell models which were similar mainly due to Asus being a great PC component manufacturer and they included everything I wanted whereas similar systems I needed to customize and none had such great battery life.

1 note is the large HD is partitioned into 2 80(ish) GB partitions. I was able to use Acronis and merge the two so I have 1 whole partition. I also upgraded to 2GB RAM. I think with the features Asus provides like multi-touch touchpad and the quick keys it's a great little machine!Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment