Sunday, September 13, 2009

Buying ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


After being without a laptop for a couple years (and getting fed up with my piece of crap desktop), I finally decided I needed to get a laptop. A friend heard about the Eee PC and so I went about reviewing it, and every other netbook out there. Finally, at the end of March I ended up purchasing the Asus Eee 1000HE. Even though I'd been looking for a laptop, a 10" netbook seemed like it would be perfectly capable of handling everything I do on a day-to-day basis.

I've had this little beauty for nearly 3 1/2 months. And I've never had an issue with it. I even upgraded the RAM to 2GB and installed Windows 7 RC on the partition, and it still works like a charm. Not having to charge the thing every night is great, because sometimes I'm just too lazy to plug it in. I bring my computer to work every day (I never bring my charger), so it's obviously getting use. I'm on it for a couple hours EVERY DAY.

The reason I'm not giving it 5 stars:

About a month after I orders mine, my boss' daughter decided that she wanted one too. So I went on Amazon and ordered her the same one. When it finally arrived a week later (thanks to the Free Shipping), the problems began. Occasionally certain keys would not work (letter keys) in addition to the shift and CAPS lock key. After factory defaulting it, I sent an e-mail to tech support. They were absolutely no help at all - telling me to just download the drivers off the website and try that. I did, but it didn't change anything. They suggested a RA.

Finally, I just returned it to Amazon. My boss's daughter thinks that after that mess, she might just stick with her Sony Vaio instead.Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment