Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cheap ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


nice aesthetics- finger print magnet aside, it's a beautiful piece of electronics. My favorite detail is the metallic cap on either side of the hinge.

battery life- superb so far. I've never had a laptop that lasts this long on battery!

screen- it's a matte screen. I took it outside and with brightness turned up I was able to read on it with little difficulty.

keyboard- responsive. Haven't noticed any flexing. The page up, page down, home and end keys are a little tightly packed. I use them alot so it's gonna be some time getting used to them. Doesn't make too much noise when typing. The give of each key pressed is just enough to give you tactile feedback.

touchpad- left/right button are difficult to push...but when pushing down on angled side, it's a little easier. The multitouch is pretty cool, but I haven't gotten the hang of it just yet. It can be a little sensitive.

Fan noise and hard drive noise has been minimal...so far. I have read countless reviews documenting horrible sounds and malfunctions. But none so far for me. I've had a few days.

Heat from the bottom isn't bad at all. It gets warm, but that's it. The power brick gets scolding hot, however.

I dislike the feel of the start button. It feels cheap, plastic like. I feel that it could break on me if I wasn't careful with it.

Out of the box, the wifi worked, I was able to download the necessary programs I need to enjoy using it (pidgin, firefox, avast!, rocketdock, etc.).

No complaints yet!

Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment