Monday, September 21, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Get it now!


ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10-Inch Netbook (1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 10 GB Eee Storage, Bluetooth, XP Home, 9.5 Hour Battery Life) Black

I have owned this terrific little machine for several months as of writing this review, and I am very glad to have made this purchase. I have not even bought the 2GB RAM expansion - though I plan to - and expect my positive experience with the Eee can only improve.

I have been an Ubuntu user for about two years, and found that a standard install of the latest release (9.04) went smoothly; I also set up a shared data partition between XP and Linux. After spending some time with both operating systems, however, I've found that the Windows XP operating system is clearly superior in this instance: You will definitely get a couple more hours out of the battery (I usually get around seven hours) and won't face several hardware issues with the speakers and internal microphones as with Ubuntu.

The hardware itself is also great - you'll get used to the slightly tinier keyboard very quickly and it is comfortable to type on, even for extended periods. The screen has a nice resolution and has a wide range of brightnesses to optimize between visibility and battery life. The trackpad, although seemingly cramped at first, becomes quite usable. I disabled the multitouch "zoom" function and just preserved the two-finger scrolling, which it super convenient, and something I definitely miss when using other laptops. The processor, though underwhelming, performs commendably in most situations. The integrated graphics card, not surprisingly, is useless if you try to play any modern games. However, while I initially had some problems playing HD video files (.mkv) without a severe drop in framerate, I found that KMPlayer magically resolved all of these issues! So, the Eee PC - even with the single gig of RAM, serves as an awesome multimedia tool as well.

The computer is very portable, of course. The ample amount of battery life means I treat the computer more like a cell phone, only charging it when necessary. Actually, I don't think I've ever depleted the battery fully when out and about.

I highly recommend buying this product, if you haven't decided yet!Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment