Monday, September 21, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Order Now


I ordered this netbook after getting yanked around by Dell trying to order a Mini 10v (like a lot of other people, I realized later) - basically, they just kept pushing back my expected delivery date. I wanted a 10 inch netbook with built in Bluetooth and a good 6 cell battery. I hadn't heard much about Asus, but this model was highly ranked on CNET, so I took a chance and order it along with a Bluetooth mouse. I am really happy with this small, lightweight, sleek netbook. I was surfing the web and file sharing with my other laptop within a few minutes. The battery lasts easily 8+ hours, no problem - wow. The built-in Asus customization applications are actually really slick - and well worth reading the manual to figure out how to configure them and get the most of them. The display is excellent - much better than my work Lenovo laptop or our Dell laptop. The keyboard feels nice for being so small, and the mouse touch pad work better than any I've ever used on my other laptops.

Another huge benefit over the Dell's is the ease of upgrading the RAM to 2GB. To upgrade the Mini 10v, you basically have to completely disable the Dell - there are videos demonstrating the entire procedure on YouTube and other sites, showing how it takes 30-60 minutes and involves breaking off heat sink compound and everything. With the 1000HE, it's as simple as opening up a small cover on the back side with two screws and then flipping out the old RAM DIMM and inserting the new one. It takes maybe 2 minutes if you're slow. However, as with many Asus laptops, upon re-booting, Windows XP won't see the extra RAM unless you enter the bios by pressing F2 due start-up, the simply select "Save and Exit" so that the new memory is saved into some file that Windows pulls from. Otherwise, Windows won't recognize the new memory, and it will continue to run fine, but on the original 1GB of RAM.Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment