Monday, October 5, 2009

Order ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


After reading many online reviews, I decided that I needed a netbook and ordered this one. I've had this product for a little over two weeks now and don't know how I lived without it. I have a desktop PC (HP) at home and a Toshiba Portege laptop for work. Bought this mainly for email/internet browsing outside of my home office and possibly for travel. It has worked like a charm. Very easy to set up. I opted to get the 2GB memory upgrade. Also very easy to set up and install.

Pros:
1. Very long battery life. Most of the time I run it on battery. It only takes about 1 1/2 hours to get a full charge. I was used to having very poor battery life from my Toshiba. What a refreshing change.

2. Screen size is about right. I wear reading glasses but don't need them to see the screen. Not quite as large as a laptop but easy to see, nice resolution, etc.

3. This isn't loaded with a lot of junk software like most new PCs and laptops.

4. Good value - price is reasonable and the memory upgrade was only another $20.

Cons:
1. This is only a small "con". The small keyboard takes some getting used to. That said, after a week or so, I have gotten used to it. The track pad or whatever you call the pad that replaces the mouse also is much more sensitive than the one on my laptop. I've grown to like this one more.

2. This is an Amazon problem, not Asus', but Amazon needs to package these better when they are shipped. No bubble wrap and the cardboard box from Amazon is only slightly larger than that of the manufacturer. I've sent Amazon some feedback on this issue and I've noticed other reviewers have done so as well.

All in, I highly recommend getting one of these. Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment