Friday, October 2, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Right now


I finally gave in and ordered the 1000he. Two reason why I went with this model, 1) the reputation with Asus and 2) the 9.5 hours of battery life. So far I like it (naturally) it will take some time getting use to the size of the keyboard. Being small and light as compared to traditional laptops it makes ideal for me to carry with me to use in between classes which is the primary reason why I purchased this. It came with some trial software to install like Norton Internet security. It also came with Microsoft Works and a 60 day trial of Office. Since I already have Office, I used my product key to activate it. The webcam is pretty nice, although I have it turned off. On a full charge and having WLAN, camera and Bluetooth disabled as well as having it on auto-mode I am able to get about 9.15 hours out of the battery.

After two days of casual use I replaced the 1G of ram with 2G; I was hesitating at first but after watching two different video of how it was done on youtube. I followed how they did it, turned it on and crossed my fingers and...All is well.

I installed AVG as my antivirus but might be considering uninstalling it for Comodo firewall + antivirus.

Having the hard drive partioned into two different drives (c: 72G Free and d: 72g free) was not what I expected; however, having read some of the comments in the forums section I understand why it was done.

The touchpad is OK, not too fond of having to use two fingers to scroll but with practice I'll get it.

Had no problems with the wireless connection to my wireless router at home. I have not had the chance to use it out of the house but when I get a chance I will.

Overall I am glad that I have purchased this product.


Update: 6/26/2009

I've uninstall AVG and installed Comodo Internet Security and it is working good so far. I've also finally had a chance to try out the wireless connection at a wifi hotspot in a bar/restaurant that I often go to and had no problem with connection to the Internet.

Typing on it still needs getting use to it.

One thing that I noticed; when I tried out the microphone by recording my voice using sound recorder, I had to be fairly close in order for it to pick up my voice. And yes I was in a quite room when I tried this. I personally think that the microphones should have been on the top of the monitor and not on the bottom, with the camera in the middle. I tried the same thing with my primary laptop, which had the microphone on the top of the monitor and it was able to pick up my voice.

As some have said, I would have liked this netbook to have come with 2Gs of ram rather than 1G. However, I am sure that by Decemebr whichever model comes out from Asus will have it. Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment