Thursday, October 15, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Immediately


After reading all the good things about the Netbook, I had to get it.
First, it is lightweight and portable. Some sacrafices are made for this size. There is no DVD drive or number pad on this unit. If you need those items, go for a much larger Notebook. That being said, this Netbook is great! Yes, I did install the 2 GB of 667Mhz memory. That was one easy upgrade. Next, I wanted to see how it worked on a newer version of Windows so I installed Windows 7 on the second partition "D" drive. The 160 GB hard drive is already split in two so I figured that was perfect for my test. The best thing is, you don't need an external DVD drive to install the OS. You just download Magic Disc,
( http://www.magiciso.com/index.htm ) and it will make a virtual DVD drive for you. Then mount the iso on the virtual DVD drive and install! Very easy. I haven't tried to mount a DVD movie on there yet but I think it will work. Just need an 8GB Flash drive to transfer it.
Anyway, I love the keyboard and controls. Not worried about fingerprints on the outside. This Netbook is a "Take anywhere you go" unit that is very fast and portable. Well worth every dollar. Runs Windows XP and Windows 7 RC like a charm with no problems. One thing to do is if you run it without an ac adaptor, the backlight will go down and make it hard to see. Just press fn plus F6 and it will lighten up as you wish. I highly recomend this unit.
Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment