Friday, August 21, 2009

Discount ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


Purchased Eee PC 12-April-09. Also purchased Asus CD Burner, 2GB RAM, wireless mouse and travel bag. When all was said and done,I spent over $500.00. For a couple of months the Eee PC was wonderful, then the battery wouldn't charge. I called Asus and received an RMA number, removed all my data from the unit and carefully repackaged the unit for shippment in it's original box with the original packing material. I took the unit to my local UPS store and paid to have the unit double boxed for safety, an additional $25.00. Within a week my Eee PC was returned to me via Fedex, NO double box. My Eee PC original box was covered in tape and shipping labels, which was a little dissapointing. Ok, I was willing to forget about my tattered box as long as the unit was returned in a functional condition.
Upon opening the box, I found that the scratch protection bag I had shipped it in was not on the machine, and to make matters worse, the machine still did not work. They had fixed the battery charging problem, however, now the machine will not boot into Windows. So, once again I called Asus service, spending the better part of an hour trying to fix the problem over the phone, to no avail. Now they want me to ship the unit back to them again for another crack at trying to repair it. They also told me I would have to pay for shipping (once again) to their repair depot. So I asked the Asus agent if it was ok to return in just the bare Asus box, and she said as long as the unit is not damaged. Oh, I didn't mention the small scratches on my machine from their neglectful shipping method. Yes, I am not a very happy Asus customer at this time, and am probably out of more than $500.00. Just venting, thanks for reading this,ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life and I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Regards,

RDEGet more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment