Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


I bought this unit because my 1005HA I ordered just before it had a bad ac unit. Thiss netbook presented me with a whole new set of problems which of course the typical tech support you get was of no help. I bought this unit thinking it would be nice to use around the house as ot would be light and portable. I was hoping I would be able to stream my itunes with it. I guess I was wrong it. It intially worked great then a few days later it stopped streaming the music. After stripping it of any firewall and antivirus features it still wouldn't work. I spent countless hours on the netbook adjusting power settings, turning up the power, adjusting the wireless adpater so it was set for constant use, you get the idea. Somewhere during the process I found it would work however if it was plugged into the ac adapater. This was annoying but was working. A week later plugging it into the ac unit no longer allowed me to stream music either. sometines it would work for a few songs then it would start to skip terribly and it seems the processor or the wireless adapter were over sressing themselves or overclocking. I could not believe it would not handle this simple program when my 5yr old HP laptop with a with slower processor and slower wireless setting worked just fine. I hate to rant on and on but to be short it just is not up to the task of everyday use. Even if you dont stream any music I noticed how the network stalled either through internet or locally and would struggle only after a a few minutes of working on the netbook. Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment