Sunday, August 23, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Order Now


ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life

I purchased one of these Asus PC1000HE Netbooks two months ago for two of my grandsons. I also purchased a 2GB memory upgrade from Micron Technology, their Crucial line of memory chips. I use an anti-static mat, wrist-band to avoid installation problems. The memory upgrade went well and Windows Xp recognized the 2GB upgrade upon reboot. I like the features allowing wireless, screen resolution etc.,changes via soft-keys. Using this purchase I would give this computer 5 stars. These two grandsons love it. However, I showed it to a friend, who bought one a month ago. We purchased his memory upgrade through Amazon. We have just sent back the second 2GB memory upgrade. When installed Xp reports 1GB instead of 2GB. Today I had a conversation with ASUS technical support. They said that they are having complaints from PC1000HE customers when installing the 2GB 800 MHZ memory. both sets that have failed to install were 800 MHZ. The successful installation was 667 MHZ memory. That is the reason for 3 stars. Not a happy camper.Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment