Monday, August 17, 2009

Purchase ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life


First, great usual job by Amazon! No muss, no fuss - came on time, with zero issues!

I am sorta geeky - but this is NOT a 'geek' review - as I am only a 'user' of this fine netbook.

I bought the extra ram, but after 90 odd days, I have yet to bother to install it! I simply have not seen a need - go figure!

I am a gamer, but not on the netbook. I have custom built more than a few 'gamer rigs' and the *old* one I still use is a 2.4gz, 2 gig of DDR ram, a 512 meg nVidia video card, and more... The point of talking about what I use in the house is for a comparison when I say that email, web browsing, Word, Excel, and so on with the Netbook feels just as fast as if I was doing it at home!

The screen is great and bright - no dead spots

I love the keyboard! Not like, but LOVE it!

I do not care that it has no DVD or CD-ROM built in - if going over my network (wireless) at home or work is not good enough, I can always buy a DVD-ROM here on Amazon to use as needed.

The price was wonderful, and there is nothing that I would change.

I really do get 9+ hrs on a single battery charge! If you focus on turning off the Bluetooth (I do not use it) or the Camera (when not in use) and you set the power-savings features to the normal laptop type settings, I can take it to work on a long day, leave it on all day (am not using it every minute though) and still have an hour or 2 when I go home 10hrs later! My Boss's laptop is lucky to go 2hrs period! He saw it, liked it, and bought one - just because of the battery!

Some have said it's too heavy??!
/Shrug
It's not to me, but maybe because I do not mind carrying a messenger bag with a total weight of 18lbs (lots of toys in it) - so the 5 or 6 pounds (don't even remember the weight) - simply is a non-issue to me!

Last point, if you have ever gone through a wipe and reinstall - this unit comes with a push-button process to do this for you! With a few key-strokes, it will be just like it was the day you bought it! - Makes it great for a child's first laptop for that reason alone.

Yes, I would and have recommended it, and would buy it again!Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment