Sunday, August 30, 2009

ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life Top Quality


I pondered long and hard before I decided to purchase this one. I researched Asus and Acer and I don't know what, before I was convinced by friends and colleagues to go with Asus. After a quick little research, I found that this one was probably the best due to battery life. So the decision was made.

It was a long agonising wait before it arrived. Of course when it arrived, I couldn't open the box quickly enough, and my cat was just as curious as I was. It came with a small cover and a cleaning cloth, which I thought was a nice touch. Fingerprints do stick to the cover, but the cleaning cloth is perfect to shine it up. The blue colour is really nice, deep blue.

It doesn't come with a lot of software, no MS office, but it does have Star Office, which is made by Sun. For most cases, it is more than adequate for home users. It can read documents written by MS office, as well as export to those formats for portability. Macros may not work though. The machine also has a few games, but other than that, no more than the standard MS packages. I got the MS version, because I needed it for my phone. However, the HD was divided into two partitions, so I have since installed Fedora 11 (Leonidas) on the second partition. This too worked out of the box, hibernation as well as wireless.

What really impressed me was the battery life. I have not managed to get it to the 9 hours promised, but I constantly get about 7 hours before I charge. That goes for both Windows and Linux.

One thing I found a bit frustrating is the resolution. There is no reason why they couldn't have made this a 1280x1050 or something like this. However, the resolution is 1024x600. It can be increased to 1024x768 with one of the soft buttons (doesn't work on F11, but it is at least 1024x600 with proper configuration. I guess I also could program the button, but haven't gotten around to it). I prefer the extended resolution, even if it means I don't get to see full screen.

Overall, I love my new netbook. It's all I need and more. It's light, small to carry around, and have long battery life. It doesn't have a cd/dvd-player, but it works excellently with an external DVD-drive. Absolutely worth the money!Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment